With a bold low-end, scooped mid-range, and crispy high-end - this set is sure to bring an instant 'aged' vibe to both vintage and modern instruments alike. With the modern addition of grounded shielding for hum-cancelling effects, this set will provide an excellent upgrade to any stock pickup design.
- Utilizing six 'Alnico' Rod magnets to authentically recreate the look and feel of an original P90 pickup, as used in semi-hollow body guitars and Hawaiian lap steels from the 1930's, 40's, and 50's.
- Voiced to have a rich 'bite' when the strings are pulled a bit.
- Provides excellent overdriven lead tones in both vintage and modern guitars.
- Features a single 'Scatter-wound' coil. This winding method/tone - while ever-popular- is getting increasingly difficult to find in 'Humbucker' form these days (we'll help to change that)!
- Lightly wax-potted to provide squeel-free tone
These pickups are made to be 'drop-in' replacements for any standard humbucker routing.
Custom Overlays - If you have any material that you cherish or enjoy and would like to turn it into a pickup - Let us know! We can make it happen.
Every pickup is handwound and made-to-order. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the delivery/fine-tuning of your custom pickups.
Thanks! And happy picking,
ZR Guitar Pickups
PAF-Sized P90 (w/ Rod Magnets)
Neck: 7.2k, Alnico 5 Rod Magnets
Bridge: 8.0k, Alnico 5 Rod Magnets