After spending a tremendous amount of time examining, measuring, and detailing original examples of these pickups, we're proud to offer an extremely accurate replica of an original set of an early '64 Strat pickup, just before they switched to using machines to wind their pickups.
Sweet and soft, with a scooped midrange, these pickups accurately replicate the sound of vintage 'handwound' Fender pickups - the same that were once used by players such as Mark Knopfler, Jimi Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie Malmsteen and more on countless shows. These pickups were Hand Wound with Vintage-spec 42AWG Plain Enamel Wire. They are sure to bring the classic strat vibes you've been looking for, without breaking the bank.
Available with either "Original Vintage Stagger" or "Modern Hybrid Stagger"
I'd recommend vintage if you have a 30+ year old instrument, or you know you're using a 7.5" radius neck.
- Lightly Wax-Potted, as per the original design.
- Handwound, unlike many other replicas from this time period
- Perfect for players who use a Fender style instrument in a thick amp (such as a Marshall or Mesa).
- Each pickup is wound CW, with the South Polarity facing UP, unless otherwise noted.
- DCR Reads in around 6.2k consistently for the regular set
- If you're after a particular year, let me know and I'll build your set using the spec's from that year.
Thanks for reading!
ZR Guitar Pickups
Custom Shop 'Pre-CBS Strat' Set (Handwound)
All Positions: CW, Alnico 5, Vintage Stagger, 6.2k